About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, November 03, 2017

the official's dog, 12th dynasty

By Karen Green (IMG_6415) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)],
via Wikimedia Commons
Sarenput I was an official in 12th-dynasty Egypt under Pharaoh Senusret I (1971-1926 BC.  That's okay, I hadn't heard of that pharaoh either).  His tomb in the Qubbet el-Hawa complex contains several reliefs of his relatives -  and his dogs, of whom we see one here.  Over at the left you can see the snout of another pup.  I'll show you that one tomorrow - it's so enjoyable it deserves a post all its own!

No comments: