About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, December 28, 2017

sitting so beautifully

thanks british library flickr (PD) id: 003471451
Here's a soulful portrait of Greyfriars Bobby. It's from the pages of Aileen Aroon: a memoir, with other tales of faithful friends and favourites, written (and illustrated? The book doesn't say!) by Gordon Stables and published in London in 1884.  I can't let the dedication go by unremarked: "This Book is dedicated to my wee Daughter FREDABEL INEZ GORDON, By her fond Papa."

1 comment:

parlance said...

That dedication is a lovely insight into the timelessness of parental love.