About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, February 16, 2018

happy new year of the dog!

Gift of Estate of Samuel Isham, 1914 www.metmuseum.org
2018 is the year of the Earth Dog.  Here's a dog year surimono calendar created in Japan in 1814, with a jolly furball wishing you the best (and also wishing you would play ball, by the look of it).  Were you born in a dog year?  You can check what element type your dog year is here

2 comments:

parlance said...

That is so joyful that I feel good just looking at it. I think Penny would automatically have been born in a dog year, being a dog! I just missed out by a few months.

curator said...

Parlance! I am always very happy to see you here! I hope the Year of the Dog brings you and Penny only the very best.