About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, April 29, 2018

2 dog poems by billy collins

"As young as I look, I am growing older faster than he..."  muses the dog in the first of Billy Collins' two poems in this TED Talk from 2014.  The dog accepts this calmly in the space of a brief, serene verse.
Then we're treated to "The Revenant," a longer piece in which a dog speaks up from the afterlife with a laundry list of comic but legit peeves:  "I hated the car, hated the rubber toys, disliked your friends and worse, your relatives...You always scratched me in the wrong place."

Here's your link to this TED Talk.  Short and ultimately tart, and worth the watch!

No comments: