About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

big cat heads

That's what he does. It's worked out well for him. And Bruce Andrew Mckay of Toronto is an artist with the surest, funniest grasp of cat character I've seen in some time.

In his bio he says "Cats have a profound range of expressions, but they're so subtle, they're virtually invisible. Have you ever seen a cat smile? They can you know. They smile with their eyes. My work is inviting to the viewer. It makes people happy, and can literally brighten the room it's in. I'll leave the deep, brooding statements of despair to others. I do cats. "

And how!

No comments: