About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, April 02, 2007

southpaw

Another tidbit from The Straght Dope, and one which made four people at dinner the other day say "Noooo!" in that way that means Really!?:

Cats can be, very clearly, left-handed. So watch your kitty and see which paw they use most. All three of mine are righties so far, but if you're a lefty your pet may be right there with you. Read the snappy proof here.

2 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

I haven't noticed any real preference in the current bunch of kitties. But when I was a child we had a dog that clearly was left-handed.

the Food Source

Just Ducky said...

I am right pawwed. When mum holds a treat just out of reach, I take my right front paw and pull her hand down.