About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, September 22, 2008

kindred souls: a very special pet sanctuary

"Project Homeward Bound?" I asked myself as I picked up the postcard from my vet's office. Looked like fun - a kitty playing poker and a dog thinking "whoa there Nelly." There's a version of the card here. Taking place Saturday September 27, it's a Vegas-style night with gaming, wine tasting, and a light buffet. I wish they would let you hold the dogs and cats on your lap while you play.

And whom is it all for, pray tell? For Kindred Souls Foundation, who "provides sanctuary to dogs and cats of all ages, a holistic approach to their care, and education on the rewards and responsibilities of animals and their care." They are located in charming Steilacoom, WA. Not a shelter, they rely instead on loving foster homes -- ones much bigger than the current Museum, I betcha -- and provide physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual care. How? This page explains it all.

Why not visit and learn even more?

By the way, I see they mention using Bach's flower remedies. I've recently taken to dosing Elizabethasaurus Rex with Bach's Holly tincture as a way to make her be a little less furious in nature. I think it's working!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent organisation. I am particularly impressed by their education programme. I think animal welfare ought to be included in the standard school curriculum.