About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, March 28, 2011

excellent cat quote

"I would gladly constitute myself the advocate of some of the works of God which are despised by man, and among the foremost should come the ass and the cat." -- Chateaubriand -- from The Cat, Past and Present (translated from the French of Champfleury by Mrs. Cashiel Hoey. London: George Bell and Sons, 1885), p. 75. For a short introduction to Chateaubriand, try here! He is considered the primary mind behind French Romanticism.

1 comment:

ROCCO LOTEMPIO said...

excellent quote. My one regret is that I did n't think of it first.

ROCCO