About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, November 17, 2013

owl and pussycat blaze out to sea with omar rayyan

image copyright and by kind permission of the artist
The two lovers set out to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat in this fantastic rendition by Massachusetts artist Omar Rayyan.  Check the name of the boat, by the way.  Rayyan's animal scenarios play out in a grander, old-style world, flavored by Northern Renaissance, Romantic, and Symbolist painters, a man after my own heart in other words.  But he creates these rich scenes in watercolor.   At his Etsy shop you'll see a super-gemutlich hedgehog, a dragon with finer feelings for birdsong, a cat with a fiddle and possibly an ulterior motive . . . oh, I could go on, but I'll send you over to him instead.

Omar Rayyan's web page here.

No comments: