About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, September 13, 2014

three fine mice

thanks wikimedia commons (PD:US)
Carl Reichert (Austrian, 1836-1918) was best known for paintings of dogs and cats, often cutesy to the point of saccharine. Such was the taste back in his day.  I was pleased to find this Reichert watercolor/crayon work of Mause (Mice) today, because it's a plain but kind look at three creatures doing their mousey thing.  The mouse in back is a little bulky, unless he's supposed to be way bigger than the other two, but I like the elegant and delicate portrayal of the other two's whiskery faces.  I think watercolor and colored pencil are the perfect media for mice portraits.

No comments: