About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, September 12, 2014

more cats of wwi

thanks wikimedia commons (PD: US)
I'm cheating with the image - that's Pooli up there, a war veteran of WWII, celebrating her 15th birthday on 1959.  She served on an attack transport and earned four battle stars.
Now for WWI:  Jane G C, the human belonging to late and much-loved blog friend Whicky Whuudler, sent along a link full of excellent photos.  Some you'll have seen before, but I'll bet you haven't seen Ching of the HMAS Swan shaking hands with a sailor, or Pincher of the HMS Vindex parked on a very early seaplane.
Those and many more are here.  Enjoy!

No comments: