About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, June 08, 2017

wear a dog book

Gift of Mrs. Leslie Legum, 1991 art.thewalters.org
Even at its page at the Walters Art Museum, this tiny enameled book is hard to see, but then it measures only 1 inch tall.  That is indeed a white dog seated on the spine, picked out in enamel and gold.  What's to be discovered inside this charming creation, dating from England of the 1840's?  Well, you must follow the link I gave you and see the "additional views."  It folds out into a bracelet!
I found another "book" bracelet here, and another on Pinterest.

1 comment:

parlance said...

That is gorgeous. Thanks!