About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, December 24, 2018

safe from the christmas cat

The Jolakotturinn of Iceland is bigger than life in Reykjavik this year!  This Christmas Cat goes after those who didn't get any new clothes at all for the holiday; even one small sock will get you off the hook.  I'm safe because I have two whole new pairs of socks!
Bjork has a song about this festive fiend.  It's in Icelandic.  Don't fret: you can see a translated version here.
His whiskers, sharp as bristles, 
His back arched up high, 
And the claws of his hairy paws
Were a terrible sight.
Sounds like business as usual around here.  I think I shall go look for my new socks.

1 comment:

parlance said...

Wow! What a find. If only I'd seen this a couple of days ago I'd have watched it with the little kids I teach. I've saved the link for next Christmas. I loved it! I noticed a couple of words - Yule and mice seemed like English words.

Thanks!