About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

happy birthday paul klee

Today's Google doodle honors Paul Klee.  Longtime readers know that I have a great deal of affection for Klee, not just as an artist but as a person, not least for his deep affection for cats.  Because many of the works I would love to show you are still under copyright, and everyone else has posted "Cat and Bird," I'll give you some links instead:
The adorable Tomcat's Turf
A Pride of Lions (Why not?)
A Kind of Cat
Cat Staring at the Moon

Do read his Diaries if you ever have the chance.  They are so curious, full of wonder, and also full of references to the family cats.

No comments: