About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, June 29, 2007

time

So it took me over an hour and a half to get home today. Apparently the Fourth of July starts now. But it did give me time to think about yesterday's post and realize that Milne's poem has a bittersweet streak in it. Maybe I needed to get older myself before I could spot such a thing, and watching my own cats get older isn't helping. Zozo is in my lap right now (detect any cat-like typing?), and I know well I am on the cusp of borrowed years with her.

I know it, but I don't like it.

And then, of course we have The Kitten (TM). A whole new entity waiting to be loved, and learning all those crazy things like "poop in the box" and "chew the food".

Anyway, it reminded me of The Private Life of a Cat, a 22-minute movie shot in grainy B&W in the 40's. Recently featured on cuteoverload.com, this film follows the birth (gooey parts) and growing up of 5 kittens. It was shot in humble surroundings, is homely, has some real characters in the cat-cast, and is quite simply charming.

No comments: