About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ducati pup

I think Ducati motorcycles are so fab that I would have no other bike if I knew how to ride.

And now I've learned that Ducati named its first scooter, created in 1946, Cucciolo ("Puppy"). These vehicles were beloved of Italians over the next decade, and ads for it featured a perky terrier-like pup that served as the company's mascot. And now you can buy him. He's dressed in various stylish Italian jerseys.

More Ducati pup history here.

No comments: