About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, November 29, 2008

woof! copyright 2008

You know, my friend Doug is about the best surprise researcher ever - I go out to get the cable bill and the catalogs, and there's an envelope from him holding something excellent for the Museum.

Which is how I know about Woof! Writers on Dogs, a new book by Lee Montgomery (an editor at hometown literary magazine Tin House), published by Viking Books earlier this month. Woof! is a collection of essays by writers on the dogs they've loved and who loved them, as best as everyone could.

Here is the original review that Doug sent me. (Hope it stays up for a while. I hate that when newspapers retire their clips too soon.)

Here's Woof! at Powells.com.

Thanks, Doug!

No comments: