About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, January 08, 2009

a dodgson dog

Thanks, Wikipedia Commons.
Lewis Carroll -- he of Alice in Wonderland fame, real name Charles Lutwidge Dodgson -- had a brother named Wilfred (1838-1914). And Wilfred had a dog named Dido. That's a feminine name, but I haven't discovered yet if Dido was a boy or girl. What I have discovered is a photo held by Princeton University that shows Wilfred and Dido together in 1857. Copyright politeness means I can't post it, but you can see it here.
I post so briefly partially out of worry for Sally cat - she has a terrible cold and ear infection, and is on antibiotics for the 3rd time. I would like to see her have something to eat tomorrow.

No comments: