About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a classic: the cat came back

"You've never seen 'The Cat Came Back'?" John at the corner coffee shop said.

"No," I said. "You have to," he said. (John is a big Museum fan.)

I knew the song, of course. The cat came back the very next day, the cat came back, they thought he was a goner. . . There's a cartoon now, is there? Well no wonder I don't remember it. It's from Canada, created in 1988. And hopefully I'm not telling all of you stuff you don't already know, but the scene opens on an old gent practising his tuba when he hears a tapping on his door. Things go downhill from there - and the ending was a fresh enough take on the whole idea that I laughed out loud.

Getting rid of one yellow cat? How hard could it be?

**Thanks John!**

2 comments:

parlance said...

I enjoyed the film, but I was mystified for a couple of moments as to why there were so many ghost cats. Then I saw the number nine.

curator said...

You know, I felt the exact same way. Then I saw the ninth one and laughed and laughed.