About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, July 19, 2009

the modern rabbit, distilled

I find today's subject delightful with a hip overlay. In 2006, Pictoplasma asked contemporary artists around the globe to submit their bunnies, and turned the resulting hundreds of images into a mandala.

Ranging everywhere from rude and creepy to baby-cute, the critters prove the inexhaustibility of individual vision and style. View the whole thing here: The Essence of Rabbit, or The Bunny Mandala Shrine. I tried to get more closeups but this is the best I could do so far.

2 comments:

Loren said...

Looks like this poster is/was for sale at this site for $20.00+

http://www.csulb.edu/org/uam/gifts.html

Anonymous said...

We like it! Celebrating the rabbit is clearly a Good Thing.