About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, December 14, 2009

more thoughts of pet giving

Here's a site I've been meaning to bring to your attention: the animal care branch of the I'm Tired of . . . network. The network sells awareness bracelets and other merchandise, donating a hefty percentage of each sale directly to causes and places such as Best Friends Animal Society(woohoo!) and the Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation (he's the "Dog Whisperer").

This is a great way to both give to a cause and show others how they can help as well. After all, as the poet William Blake said in "Proverbial Philosophy":

A Dog starved at his master's gate
Predicts the ruin of the State.
The beggar's dog, the widow's cat,
Feed them and thou shalt grow fat.

I like to think of that as more "fat of heart," like when the Grinch's heart grows two sizes too large. But whatever.

And speaking of giving, please visit my post of Dec. 12 and leave a comment for a chance at a spiffy Knock Knock Pet Organizer. Deadline is Dec 22.

No comments: