About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, February 21, 2011

vintage photo time: the dogs and their girl, part I

Shortly before Christmas this year I stopped by an antique mall in West Seattle. On the basement level, on the lowest in a set of bookshelves, I found a box of photographs. Since there weren't many being sold in the shop I took a quick riffle through. What I came up with wasn't only a fistful of images, but a life lived in dogs.

This is the first: April 1946. A teenager with a sweet, distinctively round face and dark curls holds a fluffy golden brown and white puppy. Over this week we'll be watching her grow up, her dogs - always the same color and type - coming and going by her side over the years. I'm very excited to bring you these photos, and hope you'll agree that they are something special.

4 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

What a treasure!

Elaine Pritchard said...

You do have some lovely ideas.

We'll be following the picture trail.

Love and licks, Winnie

Anita said...

Who will be capable of selling his recollections and the recollections of his relatives ... what will have belong to these people? Where will they be?

GalleryJuana said...

Intriguing! you've given this collection a second life.