About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, November 11, 2011

four footed veterans

This Veterans' Day I say thank you to our veterans and to everyone in our armed forces at present. In honor of those enlisted with four feet and a tail, I'd like to share with you this 2007 article from army.mil, "Military Working Dogs." It can be a sobering read, but it's a serious job and it's good to be mindful that we owe those canine soliders, too, so very much.
Did you know that the K-9 corps was formally established in WWII? Read another army.mil article about that here.

No comments: