About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

kittens play, too fast to paint

thanks wikimedia commons {PD:US}
We've seen Henriette Ronner-Knip before here at the Museum.  Here she is in 1899 with a loose paint sketch of "Kittens Playing," which is what I've been watching out of the corner of my eye here all morning.  What a lively piece this is - I'm particularly attracted to the brown kitten's face with its lustrous eyes and fur caught in mid-twist.  Now to save Elizabeth (no longer a tiny beast such as this, alas) from the leaps and bounds of Kat VonD.

1 comment:

parlance said...

Oh, lovely. The brush strokes capture the energy. You're so lucky to have a baby creature in your care.