About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

the political animal

Happy Election Day, everyone!  I found a slideshow of "Political Pets" from earlier this year at the Huffington Post.  It's diverting:  there's many Presidents and their pets of course, but Adolf Hitler's in the mix (once), there's Mussolini managing to look dour even holding his lion cub, and in my favorite, Churchill bends down to pat a street cat on the head.
Bonus!  I just found Wikipedia's list of United States Presidential Pets.  What kind of animal was "Royal Gift" and which President owned him? (Her? Hard to tell.) Who had the alligator?  Who owned the first Siamese in the US?  Have fun finding out.

No comments: