About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, July 12, 2013

cat art: serious stuff

Now, I'd like to begin this post by pointing out that I started The Pet Museum over six years ago.  I really believed in what I was doing, and I had a couple of degrees in art history no one else was letting me use - so despite the occasional snicker from people who had made it in the arts or museum fields, I went for it on my own.  Here we are in 2013, with my readers and friends who have been coming by all this time (and for whom my heart is always full of gratitude).

And now I have proof that I was on to something real way back when.
Vindication!  Here's a new article from ArtNews.com on "Taking Cat Art Seriously."

3 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

well. us Kittyphiliacs have always known that felines are the cat's pajamas!

curator said...

See, Katnipmom, I have ALWAYS been grateful for you and your visits!

parlance said...

Looks like you were ahead of the game on this one.