About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, September 19, 2013

marc: horse and hedgehog

thanks wikimedia commons.  {PD:US}
This is a little something for my favorite hedgehog fan, Amber C.  Happy birthday Amber!  I thought you'd appreciate this 1913 Franz Marc "Pferd und Igel" (Horse and Hedgehog), a woodcut on very fine Japanese paper.  (Bonus grasshopper in the lower left.)  Typical Marc in its deep feeling for animals and the natural world -- I love how the horse is looking quietly over at his prickly friend.

No comments: