About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

flying!

thanks wikimedia commons (PD:100)
Giovanni Da Udine's Study of a Sparrow (circa 1515-20) is my pick for today.
After many months (some would say years) of anguish, and anguishing about everything that could go wrong, I finally chose to take leave of The Day Job in favor of seeking one that was a better fit for my gifts and values and that would permit me a little more time to work with my much-loved Pet Museum.  Feckless? Probably.  Bad idea?  Not according to my entire family and a bunch of my friends.
So: Today is my last day of that position. I am grateful for six years of shelter, but it is clear that I should fly away - and today I do fly.
Where to?  I guess you'll have to stay tuned.  Me too.  But I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: