About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

winnie the pooh does pup chow

Do you remember this jolly cartoon ad for Puppy Chow voiced by Sterling Holloway?  Do you remember thinking "When did Pooh Bear get a puppy?"
The link I've given you is part of a YouTube compilation of classic pet food ads from the 1970's and '80s.  Those were prime years for your friendly curator (hush now), but now that I look back at these ads I'm fascinated at how my petfeeding practices have changed.  I mean, if I want to gravy it up for Briar these days, he gets a dash of nice plain broth on the best canned food we can afford.  But that's just me.  And goodness knows it's been a while since I bought 9-Lives for the cat staff (they will eat only ONE variety of only ONE brand of canned food), though I never tire of the snarky glory of Morris the Cat.
Oh hey, vintage Muppets dog food ad! When did Kermit become a dachshund?

No comments: