About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, December 06, 2013

haiku for a cold snap

Here in the Pacific Northwest we are in the middle of a fierce coldsnap.  Temperatures will get down to 19 degrees tonight.  That's extremely rare this time of year; in fact it's even rare in January or February when we usually see this.  It's been days now and no one I know is thrilled. . .

Outside the birds feast
feathers etched by icy sun
inside:  the heater

They cry like puppies
grim icebergs round my head
seagulls flying low

Winter takes its turn
Buddha on the porch holds gift
a flowercicle

stone birdbath, frozen
I pour hot water to help
drink fast neighbor cats

No comments: