About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, February 16, 2014

1905: bulldogs in fancy dress, and more treats

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/det1994011460/PP/,
no known restrictions on publication
This is "Old Heidelberg," and he's one in a series of silly "Bulldogs in Fancy Dress" I found over at Retronaut this morning.  I think the series is all the same dog; I hope he didn't have too bad a time being a Renaissance prince etc.
Also found there today: a Wegman-like dog photo, only it's a Doberman sort of dog and it's dated 1860; actress Jeanette MacDonald has a stylin' cat gent indeed; and  a very happy dog in a tuba.

No comments: