About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, March 20, 2014

the animals of wwi - #3 in the series by laura brown

library of congress pan 6a33974 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pan.6a33974
(Military horses on parade, July 4 1918.  Click here to see the photo at the original Library of Congress page, and much bigger!)
Museum friend Laura Brown has published #3 in her series on the animals of World War I.  This month she examines the huge role horses played in that war.  Do you think you know the whole story?  Bet you don't, and I think you will be surprised.  (Also sorry.  War is hell.)  Please read Laura's excellent article here.

No comments: