About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, September 01, 2014

a pug at the beach, and happy labor day

image copyright and by kindest permission of artist dj rogers
May this serene, perfectly crafted watercolor by DJ Rogers find all US Museum friends enjoying a well-deserved day of freedom from their labors, and all other friends worldwide enjoying a peaceful day as they go about their usual.  The control and purity of color in this piece impresses me, plus I'm just happy to think of a pug at the beach. (You know, I never see any pugs there.  Get your pugs out people.)
Rogers has a great deal of similarly fine canine work at his Etsy shop k9artgallery.  Here's another pug at the beach for good measure.  Here's a Weimaraner in closeup.  See what I mean about well-controlled watercolor?

No comments: