About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Brother Cream

Just when I think I knew about every famous cat going, boom, I find out about another one.  Yesterday I heard the story of Cream Bro, better known as Brother Cream.  He's a cream-colored (geddit?) British Shorthair cat who lives at a convenience store in Kowloon, Hong Kong.  You can watch him chilling at his store in this short clip on YouTube.
The cat was already a year and a half old when he was given to shop owner Ko Chee-Shing around 2007. It wasn't until Brother Cream disappeared, possibly catnapped, and then found safe and sound 26 days later in the summer of 2012 that he hit it big.  Mind you, he already had a Facebook page by then, but his triumphant return kicked off a huge surge of fandom (as of this morning, the page had over 176K likes).  Since then Brother Cream has launched an advertising career and a line of products, as you can see from some great shots on Buzzfeed.  Moral of the story? More shop cats, please.

No comments: