About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, March 27, 2015

the reunion

image copyright and by kindest courtesy of the artist
Seattle artist Nakisha says that she has been making animal art ever since she can remember.  Her site proves a sure feel for the structure and spirit of all sorts of animal beings (here's Nakisha.com, and look at this excellent wire cat).  Today I bring you her watercolor The Reunion, in which every individual is a portrait of a real-life rescue bunny.  I love that idea, and I appreciate the gentle Tasha Tudor-like feel in this work.  Notice how the red dishes and flowers pop against the muted pale green setting.  Delicious.

Nakisha's Etsy shop bluedogrose is here.

No comments: