About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, July 18, 2015

smiley dog dutch

thanks vintageprintable.com.  believed PD in good faith
Spaniel? Setter? Fluffy enough for the former, but that bemused smile looks to be the same as our setter's. By the way, apropos of nothing I just wrote, look at those feet!
All I have for this is the author and title of the children's book in which it was found:
By Friedrich Justin Bertuch: Nieuw printenboek voor kinderen, behelzende: onderwerpen uit het ryk der natuur, der wetenschappen, kunsten en ambachten (New print book for children in law (?): claiming topics from (?) of nature, the sciences, arts and crafts), 1798.

No comments: