About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, January 29, 2016

pet owl 1942

Museum Victoria Collections
http://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/770100
Accessed 30 January 2016. PD
In the district of Nathalia, Victoria, Australia, a lucky boy holds his pet owl.  I'd smile like that if I had an owl friend too.  This 1942 snap comes from the Museum Victoria Collections and is part of "The Biggest Family Album in Australia."  This is a special collection that gathered over 9000 family photos, creating an intimate look at the history and culture of Australia through the everyday lives of its people.  Here's an article on this wonderful project.

No comments: