About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

don, the moma dog

from the treasure trove that is the british library pd collection on flicker,
on p 28 of 'the select remains of j a prngle'
I love Hyperallergic.  Not only is it the closest thing I've found to a one-stop shop for art world updates, but it throws all sorts of great random items in the mix.  I'm sending you today to one I found there.
Did you know that New York's Museum of Modern Art once had a guard dog in the 30's?  Me neither.  His name was Don, and his guard tendencies were rapidly softened by the siren song of all that culture.  Read the MoMA archives article here.

No comments: