About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, August 03, 2007

john lydon's cat story

Ah. . . a legendary British punk figure with a cat story. I musta died and gone to seven minutes of heaven.


In January 2006 John Lydon (whom you may remember better as Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols) gave an interview to ITV that included a playlist. Part of the charm to the playlist is the explanation behind each choice.


So here's John Lydon on why one of his selections was The Scorpions' "Still Loving You":

"I'd like to dedicate this song choice to Toby the Cat. When I was a newborn,
just under a year old, I went missing from on top of the bed and my parents
couldn't find me. They got the police involved and everything but I'd actually
just rolled off the bed and ended up trapped in between the wall and the bed. It
was a very dilapidated old house and I'd fallen in a gap in the wall, there were
loads of rats and basically this cat, Toby kept me safe until my mum & dad
found me - that cat saved me. I like this song because it explains that
everything works out in the end, I like the sadness of the song."

Rest of the interview and playlist here.

No comments: