About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, May 22, 2008

dogs then

For some reason I've been on a dog photo kick after being tickled by the recent post on dogs in politics. A trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art online provided me with lots of lovely pups to admire. I mean who can't love Thomas Eakins' casual, blurry photo of Jimmy with Dog, and who won't wonder what the man in this picture did to rate having his face scratched out of the negative while the dog is front and center? And how about the down-home elegance of this Walker Evans scene?

1 comment:

parlance said...

Thanks for posting these. I'm doing a photography course and wouldn't have thought of going to the Met to look for pics. I wonder how they got the puppy to sit still for a long exposure - I guess in those days it would have taken a long time to get a photo...