About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

actors and their pets

The New York Public Library has, in its Billy Rose Theatre Collection photograph file, a series (from around the 50's by the looks of it) of actors and other personalities with their pets. (Read about the Collection here.)

Copyright issues keep me from posting the images, but you might want to have a look. After all, there's Clark Gable and his Siamese. Errol Flynn and his Siamese. Greer Garson and Margaret Lockwod and their -- wait for it -- Siameses. Huh. Seems to be a theme there.

The images are a neat blast from the past. I think you'll like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting collection. Errol looks so hearty! I am pleased that the collection includes James Mason the english actor, who was known well for his love of cats.

curator said...

Oh, I am glad you liked it, WW! It tickled me to see all those grand old faces.

curator said...

By the way I know the first link no longer works....I think I need to go through the whole blog and do some good editing!