About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, May 08, 2009

more andalusian beauties

Yesterday, when I wrote of El Cid's horse Babieca, I found myself quite frustrated at having so little to offer on what was clearly a special and exemplary breed of horse. Today I went looking for more on the Andalusian horse. . .
. . . and hit the jackpot.

I have found the website for the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art, or Fundacion Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre, in Cadiz, Spain. Established in 1973, the School is dedicated to the Spanish horse, its training and the history and art in which the horse played a major part. This all originated with a show called "How the Andalusian Horses Dance," which is still available to see today, but there is so, so much more. You cannot take this site all in even in 2 or 3 sittings. There is a page detailing the Museum of Equestrian Art, and another for the Horse Carriage Museum. You can learn about the gardens. And if you can get to Spain, you can take courses. Perhaps you would like to watch these elegant, slender, tender-eyed horses train, or tour their shining clean tiled stables.

What a trip you'd have! Have a look.

No comments: