About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, July 30, 2009

pet heraldry, continued...


Thanks again, Wikimedia Commons.
Goodness, what have I gotten myself into? There are currently 82, count 'em, 82 images in Wikimedia Commons: Squirrels in Heraldry. That includes the one up above here, which is the coat of arms of Barguzinsk (Buryatia), dated 1790.
Cats are proving a little less bountiful. That will take some digging. Though I did find an unusual modern variant called the (ahem) Tigger.

1 comment:

alphacat13@comcast.net said...

Quirrels, ya gotta love em!
emmylee.bbqportrait05 copy.jpg