About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

what would your pet mean on your family crest?

Maybe you'd like to make your own family crest. Why not, right? (They had to come from somewhere.) And why not work your beloved family pet in there? Let's see if the ancient standards of heraldry equate your dear critter with the qualities you desire to advertise.

At this page, I learned that:
Dog = Courage, vigilance, and loyalty
Cat = Liberty, vigilance, forecast, and courage
Squirrel = Lover of the woods
Rabbit (also called Conie) = One who enjoys a peaceable and retired life

Should you happen to have a pet rhino, that's = ferocious when aroused.
I laughed out loud when I came to the definition of Woman = Various meanings. You best believe it!

Have a look at your options courtesy of the page by Fleur-De-Lis Designs. This is an extensive subject and I reserve the right to look at it more tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Cat Realm said...

HAhahahahahah - the maid laughed about the various meanings! And the Rhino. Yes, we seriously considered having a pet Rhino, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH