About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, October 20, 2011

black cat hug

thanks wikimedia commons (public domain)


This could not be a sweeter, gentler piece. It's by the Japanese artist Yumeji Takehisa (1884 - 1934), and titled "Kurofuneya." (I've also seen it called "The Mistress of Kurofuneya.") Takehisa was not traditionally schooled, choosing to go his own way with his approach and style. As a result, though he didn't achieve high professional recognition, his work was immensely popular in everyday life. There's a museum about him in his hometown of Okayama; the English version of its site is here, and I do hope you find it charming. I did. Now let us all find a black cat and hug it well.

2 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

Not a problem around here. :-)

curator said...

Hi ya Clowdercats and human! How nice to see you here!