About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, November 21, 2011

vintage photo time with guest curator

Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division, Detroit Publishing Company Collection, [reproduction number, e.g., LC-D4-10865]

Public domain: published pre-1923


Today I bring you a special vintage photo: here's "Sheep in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY," taken sometime between 1900 and 1905. You will see the title is missing a mention of the collie sitting so alertly at his master's side, the better to fend off any . . . tourists? I wonder if this was taken in the Long Meadow -looks like it.

For this wonderful find I thank today's guest curator, John over at It's All Good, who has been a great blogfriend for years.

No comments: