About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, June 17, 2012

ann tracy and her shepherds

thanks wikimedia commons {PD:US}


Have you ever seen an all-white German Shepherd?  I haven't and they must be something splendid.  Look at the two in this photo of around 1919.  They're elegant creatures bordering on the exotic, and it's not lost on me that they lend some of that glamour to their human.  As it happens, this human is Ann Tracy, owner of the first White German Shepherds registered with the AKC, and a champion of the breed as distinct from their polychromatic brothers.  You can read more about this breed's history at the American White Shepherd Association.

No comments: