About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, October 03, 2013

rover and ruby

thanks to the-athenaeum.org. public domain
I have to say it: I love the "derp de derp" look on these dogs' faces.  Here are Rover and Ruby, a work of 1885 by the British painter Richard Ansdell.  These look like tubby oldstyle Brittanys; the breed is generally lighter-boned and leggier now, but you can see some older ones going about that do look like this in their dotage.  As for the expressive faces, anyone who's ever been up against a Brittany already knows that's no invention.

No comments: