About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, May 16, 2014

artist carla smale's fine french bulldog

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
I hit a jackpot of excellent artists this week in my Etsy researches.  Here's my next find: I do so love good colored pencil work, and Canadian artist Carla Smale is very good indeed.  Her original drawing of a French bulldog soulfully looking upward made me stop in my tracks. Maybe it's the nimbus she's shaded in round his head, as it it were an extension of his innocent doggy yearning.  For a treat?  For a scratch?  A kind word?  Give him all of those.  He's a good dog.
You can see more of Carla's work (and commission a portrait?) at her website.  (Look for "Portrait of a Chihuahua.")    And here's a little more about her, found on her Etsy shop.

No comments: