About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, May 15, 2014

go cat!

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
"I love lines and striking strokes," says Go van Kampen, an artist from Dieren in The Netherlands. "I try to say a lot with a minimum of lines and strokes. I strive for accessibility in my work. Not much mystery or a double message. I love it when a work of art looks like it was invented or created in a few minutes."  Notice she said "looks like" - because it takes years of training to create a kitty this deft in a few strokes!  I've tried this, but I'm not an artist, and let me tell you cat ears are tricky.  You can read more about Go and her inspirations on her "About the artist" page, and you should certainly visit the rest of her site.  Here's another of her spirited cat portraits which makes me particularly happy, which you'll find at her Etsy shop.

No comments: